American Democracy: A Way Forward
Our democracy works best when everyone can participate. However, American democracy remains under constant threat. Disinformation, voter suppression and money in politics remain roadblocks to moving forward an agenda that can tackle some of our most pressing issues of the day.
The Declaration for American Democracy held a 90 minute panel on Tuesday, March 28th, 2023 at 1:00PM, EST for Partners for Democracy Day to discuss these issues. They were joined by coalition partners from Common Cause, CREW, LCV, Stand Up America and the Leadership Conference as well as their our democracy champions on both the federal and state level.
- Emma Steiner – Disinformation Analyst, Common Cause
- YT Bell – Leadership Conference, Senior Advisor, Voting
- Gabe Lezra – Federal Policy Manager and Senior Counsel, CREW
- Reggie Thedford Jr – Deputy Political Director, Stand Up America
- Amanda Gnaedinger – State Democracy Policy Director, League of Conservation Voters
- Adam Smith – VP for Democracy Initiatives, CREW
- Scott Greytak – Director of Advocacy, Transparency International\
To watch the full video: https://www.facebook.com/DFADCoalition/videos/american-democracy-a-way-forward/743380607443068/