Join Forces for Democracy
Our freedom is under attack — in the heart of Europe. This event sought to discuss how citizens and cities could come together to strengthen and protect democracy across Europe.
European Capital of Democracy offers:
– Opportunities for CITIES to engage in the ECoD Network, offering best practice exchange, access to experts and capacity building.
– Contribution and showcasing of democracy projects in the title-holding European Capital of Democracy, which will host a range of activities by ACADEMIA, CIVIL SOCIETY and EXPERTS.
– Invitation for EUROPEANS to join the Citizens’ Jury, selecting a European Capital of Democracy every year and serving as a unique sounding board and network for issues such as participation, democracy and sustainability.
- Martina Fürrutter – Programme Manager and Researcher, European Capital of Democracy
- Stefan Sindelar – Chief Executive Officer, European Capital of Democracy
- Laura Thomas – United Kingdom Representative, The Innovation in Politics Institute